An overview in plain and simple language
The Colorado Workers’ Compensation law is not friendly to the injured worker and anyone with a serious on the job injury in Colorado should contact a lawyer experienced in handling these cases right away. At Turner, Roepke & Mueller, each of the attorney partners have years of experience in handling the issues, dealing with the doctors and insurance carriers and taking these cases to trial and appeal if necessary. Some key components of the law include:
1) When you get hurt on the job, your employer and their insurance carrier have the right to tell you which doctor to go to. If they do not give you a written listing of their doctors within a short time of your injury, you may have the right to select your own doctor.
2) If, because of the injury you cannot work, you are entitled to 2/3rds of your average weekly wage for the job that you were injured on and any other employment you have at the time, if you have more than one job. Issues with the correct payment occur often.
3) If your company provided doctor and you do not see eye to eye, do not delay in getting an attorney, as he may be able to assist you in getting a change of doctors.
4) Once you are medically as good as you are going to get, the law provides you with certain benefits. Our experience shows us that the insurance carrier extremely rarely pays you the amount you are entitled to under the law, in which event you may need to go to hearing in front of a Judge to obtain the benefits you deserve.
5) If you are injured as the result of the negligence of another person not working for the same employer, you may be entitled to bring an action against that person or his employer. There are certain limitations and restrictions about how to go about protecting your rights in that regard.
At Turner, Roepke & Mueller we recognize the hardships that injured workers face. Not only are you receiving less money monthly but the injury affects your entire life, financially and emotionally. You are now home from work when you are used to working, and the injury affects your spouse and kids as well. We do not charge a fee on monies that you would have received anyway without our representation and your case is handled, MOST IMPORTANTLY, by one of our attorneys, not a paralegal or an assistant. You need to be able to rely upon the advice that your attorney gives to you and know that you are getting the best legal representation for your injuries. If you are hurt on the job, call or e-mail us. The consultation is free, and we believe you will find the time is well spent. Let us help you protect your rights and your future.